Copyright © 1999–2018 FastMail Pty Ltd
The FastMail mobile app
The official FastMail mobile app is the best way to use FastMail on your iPhone, iPad, iPod or Android device.
The app works on iOS 8.x+ and Android 4.x+ devices, and is available to paid accounts. Users that don't meet these requirements can still use the mobile web interface at https://www.fastmail.com.
- All the power of the FastMail mobile web app
- Secure your account with an authentication app using two-step verification
- No need for a separate app password: it just works with your regular web login.
- Push notifications - get notified the instant a new email arrives
- Attach local files to emails
- Notification controls - ringtone, vibrate, LED and quiet hours (Android only)
- Integration with Android Wear and Pebble devices (Android only)
- Share text from other apps (Android only)
- Integration with 1Password on iOS and Android
Did you know?
- To rapidly return to the top of the screen, click on the FastMail header. (In the mailbox list view, this is the folder name; in the message view, this is the message count).
- To perform an action on a single message conversation, tap once in the message. The message header converts to an action bar, allowing you to archive, delete, report spam, file, pin or mark as unread. Tap once more to dismiss.
- To perform an action on multiple messages, use the checkboxes to select all affected conversations: the header converts to the action bar.
- To force a check for new mail, pull down on the message list view. (iOS only)
- Customise your notifications, smart watch behaviour and external link browser via the in-app Device Settings. (Android only)
- You can share your mail content with other apps: tap a message, use the action arrow to bring up the menu and use
Share Message Content...to select what to send, and where. (iOS only)
- You can send text content from other apps to create a new mail item. (Android only)
- Using force-quit to stop the app means it's not active to send you new mail notifications. If you force-quit and still require notifications, don't forget to restart the app.
We have lots of plans for future updates, including:
- Mutiple accounts support
- Offline support
- Rich content sharing (images, videos, etc)
- Device contacts integration
- Share rich mail content from and to other apps
- More smartwatch/wearable integrations
Keep an eye on the FastMail blog and our app store pages to learn about updates as we release them.